The death of Breonna Taylor is absolutely tragic. There is no arguing that. What I have learned in over 10 years as a prosecutor though is that tragic circumstances don't necessairly mean it’s illegal. Sometimes waiting for justice in the form of a conviction will leave you waiting forever. In this episode, I discuss the facts surrounding the search warrant served at Breonna Taylors home, the circumstances that lead to her death, and what I think will happen with this case. In the months since her death, we have seen a new law passed in Louisiana and one of the officers involved fired. But will we see criminal cases here?
Links & Resources
- Breonna Taylor shooting fact check: 7 rumors that are wrong
- Louisville police chief to resign over the Breanna Taylor shooting
- Letter To Attorney General Daniel Cameron from Beyonce´
- Charges dropped against Breonna Taylor's boyfriend as police chief retires, FBI joins probe
- Breonna Taylor's boyfriend requests immunity from being charged again for shooting police officer during raid
- Louisville council passes ‘Breonna's Law' banning no-knock warrants
- Timeline: Inside the investigation of Breonna Taylor's killing and its aftermath
- Louisville officers who raided Breonna Taylor’s home can’t be suspended without pay, city lawyer says
If you want me to cover a particular story or situation please contact the show at GetLegit@emilydbaker.com
Come hang with me on social! I want to chat with you in the Get Legit Community Facebook Group !!